The two primary lessons I have learned narrating over 850 audiobooks are that narrators must connect emotionally with whatever text they are reading, and share a bit of themselves in their reads. My specialty is helping other narrators do the same. My specific areas of expertise include:
– Discovering and embracing your personal style
– Making approrpiate character choices
– Advanced microphone technique
– Adding character to narrative
– Text analysis skills you will use on every title you do
I offer one-on-one coaching, either in person (I live in Los Angeles) or via Skype, with a view to turn good narrators into great ones.