Young Adult (fantasy, contemporary, retellings, historical fiction, anthologies), Adult Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction (rarely), Middle Grade (usually fantasy)
As of January 11th 2019 I will no longer accept review requests unless they are from publishers. I have a limited time to read and a very long TBR pile. I might be picky with some review requests, but I will only accept reviews from publicists and publishers now.
Miss Lawrence Is Hearing Things
Biography/Memoir, Childrens, Cozy Mystery, Heatth, HIstory, Horror, Humor, Mystery, Paranormal Romance, Sci-Fi, Science/Medicine, Steampunk
If you are an author, narrator, or publisher with a book you would like me to review in exchange for a free copy then please get in touch using the contact form below, or via the MLHearingThings Facebook page.
If you wish me to review a published audiobook then please provide the title, summary, and a link to a sample of the audiobook with your inquiry. The easiest way to do this is by linking to that book's page on Audible or Amazon.
- I am based in the UK, but I can now accept Audible/ACX codes for Audible UK and US. If your audiobook is hosted on a different platform then please ensure that it is licensed to the the UK marketplace. I can accept audiobooks from most online retailers providing they allow me to access a free copy, either with a promo code or as a gift.
- My reviews also post here and on Goodreads. If your book is not available on Audible then I can post reviews to other platforms such as Bookbub, iTunes, Google Play, or the publisher's website, if you wish.
- Time and energy restrictions limit the number of requests I can accept, but I'll always help if I can.
- I aim to complete reviews within 6 weeks of redeeming the free download code, and will inform you of any delays.
- My reviews are honest and unbiased. If I agree to review your book I cannot promise to give it a positive review, only that I always endeavour to be fair.
- There are no inflexible restrictions regarding the genre of books I will review, but I reserve the right to decline a book at my discretion. Horror, Thrillers, and Dystopian Fiction are my least-favourite genres, but if your book appeals to me then I will make an exception.
If you have an as-yet unreleased audiobook which you would like me to review privately for quality control purposes (beta listening) prior to publication, this can be discussed too.
Sci Fi, Fantasy, Business, Humor, Suspense, Mystery. See policy page for more details
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Cozy Mysteries, Time Travel, Royalty
I am willing to give honest, thoughtful reviews in exchange for audiobooks. All reviews will be accessible on here, Goodreads, Audible, Twitter, Facebook, and Bloglovin'. Some reviews may appear also on Goodreads or Audible. If you would like a review to appear in any additional places, please let me know.
I specifically prefer Fantasy, Science-Fiction, Cozy Mysteries, and almost anything about royalty or time travel.
Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Horror, including their sub-genres. Very often, I would also delve into the realm of Young Adult fiction.
The Most Sublime
Children's, Classics, Comics, Contemporary, Crime/Thrillers, Historical Fiction, Horror, Non-Fiction, Paranormal Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Contact for policies
The Ninja Librarian
Fiction, Non-fiction, Mysteries, Sci-Fi/Fantasy,
The Real AudioSpy
Historical Fiction, Cozy Mystery, Mystery, Science Fiction, Suspense, Thriller,