Beth Fish Reads
I'm an eclectic reader, but I don't read and review everything. For an idea of what types of books I've reviewed on Beth Fish Reads, click the "reviews" tabs at the top of this post.
⇒ Will not read for review: Politics, self-help, trade health or fitness, horror, erotica, explicitly religious, business, marketing
⇒ Will likely turn down, but can be pitched: Inspirational memoirs, romance, non-literary chick-lit, war books
⇒ Will definitely consider: Literary memoirs, biography (political and not), autobiography, short stories, thrillers, crafts books, new editions of classics, early readers
⇒ Will generally accept: Literary fiction, contemporary fiction, young adult, middle readers (in the older range), fantasy (any type), science fiction (but I'm picky), historical fiction (any place, any time), mob stories, graphic novels, graphic nonfiction, coming-of-age stories, mysteries (any type), paranormal, cookbooks, foodie books (any type), outdoor writing
Romance, Psychological Thrillers, General adult and women's fiction, Historical fiction
I review all types of romance novels in both written and audiobook format. I also enjoy psychological thrillers, general adult or women’s fiction, and historical fiction. Please contact me at email@example.com, for book review requests and other book promotions.
Blue Mood Café
Classics, Contemporary Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Dystopia, Erotica, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Historical Mystery, Historical Romance, History, Literary Fiction, M/M Romance, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller, New Adult, Paranormal Romance, Romantic Comedy, Sci-fi, True Crime, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
NOTE: Not currently accepting new review requests due to backlog as of 8/23/20.
Welcome! What you’ll find here at the Blue Mood Café are simply reviews of the books that come my way.
I LOVE reading, enjoying quite a few genres. I’m open to exploring new authors and appreciate those who not only write well but can deliciously craft a character and a tale. My tastes are fairly eclectic and I’m open to most genres. You’ll see that in the reviews posted here.
I live in Greensboro, NC but hail from Virginia. You can find me on Goodreads where I’m very active in many groups.
I’d love to get your feedback on the books reviewed so take the time to share your point of view.
Book Of Secrets
Mystery, suspense/thriller, crime drama, general fiction, historical fiction, women’s fiction, literary fiction, young adult
Caz's Reading Room
Historical Fiction, Historical Romance
Dab Of Darkness
Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Historical Fiction I have been known to read some Non-Fiction, Mysteries, and modern-day Adventure/Thriller fiction.
Everyday I Write The Book
Literary fiction, some historical fiction, and memoirs.
Good Book Fairy
Wide variety but will not review poetry, photography, self-help, erotica, true science fiction or true romance
Young Adult (fantasy, contemporary, retellings, historical fiction, anthologies), Adult Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction (rarely), Middle Grade (usually fantasy)
As of January 11th 2019 I will no longer accept review requests unless they are from publishers. I have a limited time to read and a very long TBR pile. I might be picky with some review requests, but I will only accept reviews from publicists and publishers now.
Miss Lawrence Is Hearing Things
Biography/Memoir, Childrens, Cozy Mystery, Heatth, HIstory, Horror, Humor, Mystery, Paranormal Romance, Sci-Fi, Science/Medicine, Steampunk
If you are an author, narrator, or publisher with a book you would like me to review in exchange for a free copy then please get in touch using the contact form below, or via the MLHearingThings Facebook page.
If you wish me to review a published audiobook then please provide the title, summary, and a link to a sample of the audiobook with your inquiry. The easiest way to do this is by linking to that book's page on Audible or Amazon.
- I am based in the UK, but I can now accept Audible/ACX codes for Audible UK and US. If your audiobook is hosted on a different platform then please ensure that it is licensed to the the UK marketplace. I can accept audiobooks from most online retailers providing they allow me to access a free copy, either with a promo code or as a gift.
- My reviews also post here and on Goodreads. If your book is not available on Audible then I can post reviews to other platforms such as Bookbub, iTunes, Google Play, or the publisher's website, if you wish.
- Time and energy restrictions limit the number of requests I can accept, but I'll always help if I can.
- I aim to complete reviews within 6 weeks of redeeming the free download code, and will inform you of any delays.
- My reviews are honest and unbiased. If I agree to review your book I cannot promise to give it a positive review, only that I always endeavour to be fair.
- There are no inflexible restrictions regarding the genre of books I will review, but I reserve the right to decline a book at my discretion. Horror, Thrillers, and Dystopian Fiction are my least-favourite genres, but if your book appeals to me then I will make an exception.
If you have an as-yet unreleased audiobook which you would like me to review privately for quality control purposes (beta listening) prior to publication, this can be discussed too.